Search This Blog

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Big Papi Says it Best!

I don't have a lot to add in regards to the events of the past week, so I will let Big Papi do the talking for me. (See link below). God Bless America!

I broke 90 miles for the week and while I feel proud of my accomplishment, I am also feeling pretty trashed physically.  I plan on hitting it pretty hard this week, but with a super mini taper on Friday, so I will have some relatively fresh legs for the Get in Gear 10k on Saturday morning.  It is always a very competitive field and I hope I can break into the top 5 this year.  The week following is probably my best opportunity to break 100 miles for the week.  I have a 24 miler scheduled on Sunday and severally doubles, so I am going to give it a shot.  I have hit 94 miles before, so be simply tacking on a mile or two at then end of a few recovery runs I should get in double digits.  The week following is the New Prague half marathon, so a couple of big fitness tests are coming up.  I'm pretty excited to see where I am at only 9 weeks out from Grandma's Marathon.

Also need to keep close tabs on my lower back.  It's fine if I control my gait and keep my strides short, but at times if I open up at all I get a bit of a twinge.  It's on the very lower right side, sneaking down my backside a bit.  Feels good tonight after my 21 miler, but maybe it's time for a visit to my friendly chiropractor.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=XUQUFm2icyQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXUQUFm2icyQ

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment