Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Running Streak a Good Idea?

We are a week into 2013 and I have already realized how difficult a 365 day running streak is going to be.  Day one was fine, but on day two I got a phone call on my way to run club.  I had a family emergency to deal with and by the time everything was settled down it was already 8:30.  Do I scratch the streak on day two.  No, I put on my gear and ran 4 easy miles through the neighborhood.  Day 3 I was planning on going to the Metrodome for a tempo run, but my Outlook reminder popped up about 4:00 reminding me of an all company meeting and dinner at Mystic Lake.  Another late night run at Snap Fitness.  Wow, this is harder than it looks.

All in all, a good week.  Back into the mid 50's for mileage with some quality speed work to boot.  Finished the week with 10 bright, beautiful, sunny miles across Lake Minnetonka.  Absolutely gorgeous morning!

Happy Running!

3 comments:

  1. If we believe to brock, this streak goal will be the most difficult thing you have done in running... :-)

    -- calbearsfan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am only two weeks in and definitely realize it ain't going to be easy!

      Delete
  2. Don't let the streak control you. I had a friend who made it three years, but regrets it. He's chronically injured now. He never bragged about the streak, but I told him that I would make t-shirts, etc. to celebrate the milestone. It's been about 6 months and he isn't the same. Yes, he ran through many, many aches/pains during the streak. Take care!

    ReplyDelete