Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Winter Running

I could go on and on about the beauty of winter running.  In November and December, when the temps are still mild and the first snowfalls are fluffy, pretty and new.  Christmas and New Year's come and go and we find ourselves in January.  The wind picks up, the temps drop and that December fluffiness turns into rock hard ice and bitter cold.  I ran today with multiple layers in temps that barely broke zero with a cold, gusty wind out of the northwest that was downright painful.  Oh, I'll have some of those picturesque and pretty winter runs before this is all done, but right now spring training and running in shorts seems like a long ways away.

First race of the Grand Prix is tomorrow, the Meet of the Miles at the University of Minnesota field house.  I've been running well over the past few weeks, but haven't done enough of mile specific training to set a PR.  I do think I can break 5:30 though.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment