Search This Blog

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Yak Trax and Running Tracks and the Start of a Running Streak

My running streak is now up to 15 days!  I like running everyday, I feel much better throwing in recovery runs over a complete day off.  That being said, I am going for it; to run every day in 2013.  Not a big deal to some of you, but I've never done it before.  Minimum run of 3 miles counts as a run.   Fifteen days in a row and the fact that I hit 50 miles for the first time since October are pretty impressive feats, considering that I had to run in snow, ice, rain, more ice, I ran in Yaktrax, ran on treadmills, ran on indoor tracks, ran solo, ran with groups, fast and slow.  You have to get creative when running in Minnesota.  Saturday's run around the lakes was a the worst.  It was only 35 degrees, but we had a steady rain throughout and dodged slush and standing water throughout..  A hot shower after a run never felt so good.
 
The weight training and conditioning is going well.  I only manage this a couple of days per week, usually after a brief recovery run, but I feel stronger, more upright (if that makes any sense).  So, I'll continues this regimen for a few more months, until the mileage starts getting up there and then I can throw it overboard.  I still have 6 months until my goal race, so I need something to keep me out of trouble, right?  Here's to stronger and faster running in 2013!
 
Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment