Search This Blog

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Winter Running is Finally Back

I'm still biding my time, maintaining the base, waiting for the new year before I start my slow mileage build up.  Very enjoyable week of running with the return of winter weather.  We virtually had no winter last year, but with a nice gentle 8 to 10 inch snow fall this week-end our winter running returns.  There is something very peaceful, relaxing and meditative about running in the snow and cold.

Managed a week of over 40 miles, with back to back medium long runs, an aggressive hill work out on Thursday and an excellent track work out on Tuesday.  Not as much mileage as I wanted, but a good balance of speed and strength.

I'm toying with idea of changing my diet again.  Every year, at least once a year, I plan on eating better, but it never lasts.  December is not a good month to introduce a radical change, so instead I will use the next few weeks to do a little research and officially start in early January.  I already have a book on cleansing diet, so that should be fun.  Can you tell that I'm in between training cycles!?!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment