Search This Blog

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Enough with Moderation

So it's been too many weeks of milquetoast running, middling amounts of mileage, days off, conditioning instead of running, no racing, slow paces.  Enough is enough; time to crank things up, both in mileage and intensity.  Running is no fun when its jogging.  Running is fun when its running.  Eight weeks straight of mileage under 50 miles is not going to cut it.  Besides, I have a half-marathon in January to contend with and I am not nearly ready.  So, I'm jumping back in with both feet, Tuesday intervals, Sunday long runs, Thursday tempo runs, hill work whenever possible and lots more mileage.  Can't wait!  Load up the MP3 player and hit the trails, the track and even the treadmill when necessary.  In fact, as I sit hear typing and listening to M83, I feel like I should be out running.  Good stuff!
 
I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas.  My family should all be together and am really looking forward to the next few days.
 
Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment