Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Monster Week Not So Scary Afterall

Yes, week 11 is in the log book and even though I did not hit every work out as well as I would have liked, it was big success. I had some big mileage numbers to hit and accomplished that and set a weekly PR of 96 miles! I thought about a short 4 mile recovery run to hit the century mark, but after a few hours of yard work, I am done for the week. A 100 mile week is cool, but not that important in the grand scheme of things. What was scary about this week? Well outside of the heavy, heavy mileage there was a 12 mile run on Firday, with 7 at HMP followed by a 25 miler on Sunday with no recovery day in between. I did not quite hold HMP pace on the tempo run, but did get thought the 25 miler today and even had gas left in the tank to tackle a few hours of yardwork later in the day. Normally, I would be in a napping/comatose state for the rest of the day, but luckily I remained menatally and physically sharp all day. I think that's a good sign. So, looking ahead to week 12 what do we have? Some 600 meter intervals on Tuesday, 19 miles on Wednesday, a half marathon on Saturday and 18 miles on Sunday. Piece a cake right? Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment