Search This Blog

Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Foundation is Complete

I am through 8 weeks of high mileage and base building, so now I will turn my attention to maintaining that mileage base while I adding some more tempo and speed work outs. August and September will be filled with specialty work outs and racing. As of right now I have a half marathon scheduled for August, a 5k, 10k, 8k and 25k are on the docket for September. Most of my Tuesday runs will be very fast intervals, replacing the longer tempo and progression runs that I have been doing. I am looking forward to this next phase. My fitness level is high and I remain injury and niggle free. Last week's calf issue was much ado about nothing; needless to say I remain very positive I raced twice this week. Thursday night was the Rice Street Mile, where I ran a 5:27, which was over 12 seconds faster than last year. I went out a little fast, logging the first quarter mile at a 5:15 pace, but I settled into a more comfortable pace in the middle leaving enough for a good kick at the end. Saturday was the Run for Blood 5k. I was a little frustrated with the organization, but I did manage an 18:12, good enough for an AG win and a overall finish of 10th. Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment