Search This Blog

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Recovery Week? I'll Take It!

I was glancing ahead in my training log and lo and behold, next week is a recovery week!  I thought I had one more "build week" in front of me, but I'm not going to argue with "the plan."  This week, with the extreme temps and dew points really zapped me.  I completed all the work-outs and hit 80 miles for the first time this year, but it tweren't easy.  It got so bad weather-wise, that Saturday, when it was in the mid-80's, it felt like a cool crisp, fall day!  Because of the weather, I bagged the Excelsior Firecracker 10K (which also because of the weather was changed to a 5K) and my I ran 12 miles very, very, very slow.  I was a sweat-soaked mess at the end, but to go any faster would have been really, really stupid.  I know some other 4th of July races wee shortened as well, the Red, White and Boom Half was changed to a 5-miler and we did not go to fireworks either night. (We usually go to fireworks on July 3rd and 4th)

Well, I'm keeping this entry short, I need to get my nap in and enjoy the cut back week, because week #6 looks a little something like this:

Monday AM - 6 miles easy
Monday PM - 5 miles easy and conditioning
Tuesday - 11 miles with 5 at 6:30 pace
Wednesday AM - 1 miles GA
Wednesday PM - 7 miles easy
Thursday - 7 miles recovery
Friday - 13 miles GA
Saturday - 8 miles with 10 x 100 m strides
Sunday - 21 miles GA

Total - 90 miles - I still plan on completing a 100-mile week this cycle, probably around week 14 or 15.

I think I'll need two naps!

Happy Running!
Rick

2 comments:

  1. That's a recovery week? WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that week listed is the reason I need a recovery week!

    ReplyDelete