Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday. Woohoo!!!

I'm settling in and watching the Patriots getting back into the big game.  Not a big fan of either team, but I guess I would like to see the Patriots win.  Don't we get enough Red Sox/Yankees games on TV, now we have to see it in football too?  Oh well, on to more important things, like running.

Wrapped up another great running week, including helping my daughter log her longest run run of her young running career, 5.2 miles.  Way to go Malena!  Woohoo!  It was a nice warm up for me today on my 16 mile progression run.  After some early hill work from miles 7 to 11, I headed home and opened things up a bit.  By mile 14 I had things cranked up to 6:44 pace and mile 15 was a snappy 6:20 pace.  Woohoo!  I love it when that happens. 

Had some other speedy runs this week, like my Friday lunch break treadmill run.  8.5 miles, starting at 7:30 pace and my last mile was 6:02; woohoo!!  Or how 'bout my Tuesday run.  It was an unseasonably warm evening and I went out easy, did a few hills and found myself about 4 miles from home.  I was feeling really good for a Tuesday, so turned it up a a notch and ran all the way home at marathon-pace.  Again, woo-hoo! (on a Tuesday nonetheless!)  I have to admit, pretty darn cool to have some many "woo-hoo" moments in a week, especially for an old guy.  Woohoo!!!

Happy Running!

Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment