Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Shout outto my Running Pal

I really enjoy running with my daughter.  We are actually going on long runs now, and are able to catch up with each other and really find out what is going on in each other's lives.  I also like the fact she isn't easily grossed out that I'm consantly blowing snot rockets or similar nasty runner's habits .  After only a month or so of moderate training, she is running for an hour easily; so the base is getting built and we are ready to start adding some speed.  I'm happy, even if she doesn't want to take her running any further, just as lomg as she wants to run with her old Dad.  She's the bestest running pal I got! 

Speaking of long runs, Malena ran with me on the first leg of my longest run of the year, 21.67 miles.  It was close to 3 hours on my feet and my legs are pretty fatigued as I sit here and type.  These long, slow runs are the ones that stick with you all day.  In fact for the few hours after the run, I almost have flu-like symptoms, a little achy and nauseated.  But, I'm all better now.  The thought of doing an early am recovery run doesn't sound to appealing, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

My marathon clinic starts this week and I'm really looking forward to that.  Let's hope the weather cooperates and we are not doing our first clinic run in snow shoes!

Racing season starts up again in March with the St. Patrick's Day Human Race 8k in St. Paul.  I'm already a race down in the Grand Prix series, as I skipped the half marathon in February.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment