Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Grammy Night

Looking forward  to the Grammy's tonight.  I'm always thrilled to see if any of my favorite running songs win any awards.  It doesn't happen very often, but I was thrilled to see Arcade Fire and Mumford and Sons perfoming in the past shows.    Unfortunaely there is no room at the Grammy's for the Dr. Dogs of the world.

I am the type of runner that really needs at least one "meaningful" run per week.  I thought this was the week where there would be a small drought of purpose or meaning.  Last week was littered with "woo-hoo" moments, but this week was, for lack of a beter term, dull.  But today was fantastic, and helped salvage a rather boring week.  I was aiming for 17 general aerobic miles, but since I missed Friday, I thought I would gradually pick up my pace, hoping to be at marathon pace by the end.  The progression was rather gradual, picking up the pace about 5 to 7 seconds every mile.  I finally dipped below 7 minute pace at mile 14 and cranked it up a bit after that, right about the time my course got hilly.  I pushed up the hills at around 7 minute pace and cruised back down at under 6:30 pace.  I don't know what the run "meant," but it was just what I needed.

The coming week will loaded with plenty of meaning.  I plan on a 10 to 12 mile tempo tun on Wednesday with a medium long run of abou 15 miles on Thursday or Friday.  If thats not enough meaning, the point should be made on Sunday with the first 20 miler of the cycle.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment