Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Night Ranger

The title of today's post is referring to my new running persona, not the ridiculously lame 80's band of the same name.  I have been doing almost all my runs in the evening, sometimes relatively late.  I have almost completely bagged my mile training program, as I am enjoying my long, slow leisurely evening trail runs too much.  We've also been having some mild weather, which makes being outdoors more tolerable.  I managed over 50 miles this week and will gradually start building my miles over the coming weeks, so that when my marathon training begins in earnest around mid-January I will be in the 60 to 70 mile per week range.  I broke 2,700 miles for the year, which is a personal best and should end 2011 around 2,800 miles.  I think I'll shoot for 3,000 miles in 2012 and also break the 100 mile mark for a week.  Oh, and of course, break 3-hours!

Looking forward to spending Christmas Day at Mom's this year.  She has managed to get everyone together, so should be a large and festive get-together.  We have a few runners in the family, so I'm organizing a Christmas Day run through beautiful Alexander Ramsey Park.  Join us if you are in that neck of the woods.

Why is it, I can comfortably run 15 or 20 miles on a Sunday morning and my legs feel okay, but I spend an hour or two walking around a shopping mall and I feel like I'm going to collapse under my own weight?  My legs and feet are really, really sore and mentally I am completely drained.  Don't know how people shop on a regular basis.  It's a tough sport!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment