Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Training Plan

I have about two weeks before my serious training begins.  Actually, lets scrap the word "serious" and change it to.... how 'bout "training into a whole new territory.  My plan, loosely based on a Pfitzinger 85 plan will have me hitting weekly mileage I've never ventured into before.  The increase will be pretty gradual and many of the miles will be relatively slow.  I'm sticking to th old runner's adage, " run your slow runs slow and your fast runs's fast."  Just to give you an idea of what I'll be doing this summer here are what a couple of my training weeks look like:
Week 8 - 82 miles
Monday - 6 miles am easy
Monday - 4 miles pm easy
Tuesday - 9 miles base
Wednesday - 15 miles easy
Thursday - 7 miles recovery - hill repeats
Friday - 12 miles, 6 miles at 6:44 and 6 miles easy
Saturday - 7 miles recovery
Sunday - 22 miles
Week 13 - 86 miles
Monday - 6 miles am easy
Monday - 4 miles pm easy
Tuesday - 12 miles - 6X1 mile at 6:05
Wednesday - 15 miles base
Thursday - 7 miles - hill repeats
Friday - 12 miles easy
Saturday - 7 miles recovery
Sunday - 20 miles with 14 at 6:52
If I survive this, I should be able to reach my goal.  Of course, the big question is whether or not I can stay healthy. 
I've got a 5k race coming up on Memorial Day.  It's flat and fast and I'm shooting for a 18:45.
Lastly, I've been enjoying the new Beastie Boys album during my runs this week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hbPDg8Lk0c
Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment