Search This Blog

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Boston Marathon Week 3/19 - 2015 Recap

I breezed through week 3, hitting my goal of over 65 miles for the week, and a pretty good treadmill workout on Tuesday where my final mile of a 9 mile tempo was 6:20.  Best part was it felt easy.  Managed a 14 mile long run and accomplished all this with minimal napping.  Feeling poised to formally start aggressive training in early January with 70 to 90 mile weeks and plenty of quality.  I am pretty excited to get this program going to see what this old body can achieve.

Not much to report in looking back at 2015.  I was a little disappointed that I did not PR at any distance and ended my marathon consecutive PR streak at 10.  I did have some good races though, most notably my 2:55 at Twin Cities, a 37:02 at Victory 10k and a mileage total which should be around 3,100.

Goals for 2016 include a PR at Boston and I would like to run a sub 1:02 at the Twin Cities 10-mile in the fall.  Also get to look forward to entering a new age-group in June which will be interesting.  Not sure I have enough gas to PR at any other distances, but am always willing to try.

Happy New Year!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment