Search This Blog

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Boston Build-up Begins Now!

After some time away, it's time to get serious about running again.  We are about 19 weeks out from Boston and it time to start, if not an official traing plan, at least the mileage build up.  I've been running about 40 miles per week since Twin Cities, so the build up to 80 and 90 mile weeks will need to be smart and gradual.  I have never planned a mileage build up in December before and it certainly will have its challenges.  The weather, the holidays and busy work schedule all wll have to be dealt with, but I feel up for the challenge.

The build up will look something like this:

Week of December 7th.    50 miles
Week of December 14th.   60 miles
Week of December 21st.   65 miles
Week of December 28th.   70 miles

That leaves January to get up to 80 miles per week and maybe even hit 90 if the body feels good.  Also there is a half marathon in Janaury that I can use a good fitness test.  Should be interesting.

Also, I have entered the world of heart rate training.  I got myself and early Christmas present, a Garmin 225.  I have always wanted to experiment with heart rate training, but never wanted to mess around with wearing a chest strap.  The 225 detects your heart rate from your wrist, so no chest strap. Pretty excited about the watch and also pretty excited about the results.  On my run today, I pushed pretty hard and I couldn't get my heart rate out of "easy."  It felt hard, but according to my heart rate, no problem.

Let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment