Search This Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Recovery Week?

This was a week of quantity over quality, but not by choice.  I did manage my most miles per week for 2015, but still not "high mileage."  Outside of some of some hill repeats on Tuesday, I ran no miles faster than 8:15.  I tried, but every time I gradually built up the pace, the wheels would start to fall off.  Granted, I had a super aggressive tempo run the week before, followed by a race, but I shouldn't need recovery from that.  Perhaps this 53-year old body is finally rebelling; the 6 years plus of chasing marathon PR's is gradually coming to a halt.  There is the old rule of thumb that most runners have a 7 year window to realize gains in the marathon and that may window is closing.  Or, this was just one of those weeks and I will be back as good as new this upcoming week after a couple nights of good sleep.  Yeah, let's go with that!

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment