Search This Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Ahead of Schedule

Wow, the mileage is really starting to pile up and at a steeper increase than in 2014, also with some faster paces.  Getting close to the mid 60's with some pretty good quality.  Tuesday's 10-miler was especially satisfying.  I was at the track and after a brief warm-up I started my workout, 3x1mile at 5k pace.  First mile felt effortless and was surprised to see 5:52 on my watch.  Mile 2 was 5:50 and mile 3 was 5:47.  Wow!  I didn't know I had it in me!  Finished off the run with some recovery and a progression to cap things off.  Average pace for the 10-miler was around 6:39.  Friday night was a decent progression run from 9:30 to 6:00 flat and then there was the double digit back to back week end runs of 13 and 10.  I am curious to see how my race goes in a couple weeks.  Feels like it's been forever since I raced.

Musical treat this week, as Rhapsody finally got the rights to Led Zeppelin.  I had forgotten what a great album Physical Graffiti is.  It's been a long time.

Running highlight of the week.  Running 800 meter repeats on the U of M Washington Avenue Bridge on Thursday with my daughter.  She is getting speedy.  The bridge provides a flat, dry, scenic and almost perfect 800m loop to work out.

Couldn't end this post without a little weather shout out.  Sunday's run and Saturday's 13 miler were sunny, warm and full of puddles.  After the deep freeze we have been, what a wonderful treat.  Everyone I ran with seemed to have a bigger smile on their face.

Happy Running!
Rick


No comments:

Post a Comment