Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4, 2014

From the Streets to the Mud Bogs

I continue to get a lot of racing in this spring along with some great variety of distances.  Last week it was  a street 10k and this week-end it was the Mud Ball 4 mile through Theodore Wirth Park.  A 5 loop course, which meant 5 times to run through the mud bog!  What great fun.  The rest of the course was all trails, with quite a few modest hills and some rough terrain.  Much harder than I thought, finishing with a time of just over 28 minutes.  I am not good at running down steep, rutted trails, and got passed in the last 100 meters, so did not finish in the top 10.  This was the 50th year of the Mudball and so glad I ran it.

I also signed up for the TC Mile, which is basically a drag race down Nicollet Mall on Thursday night.  The exact opposite of Sundays mud run, but should be just as fun.  Can I break 5:30?

Next Saturday is my spring goal race, the New Prague Half Marathon.  I don't feel fully prepared, but if I get good weather, I should be able to run in 1:23 something.  After New Prague, I'll go easy for a week or so, then start knocking off some 80 mile weeks in preparation for Twin Cities.  My base is there, so all I need to do is a a long run on Sunday to hit my mileage goals.

Wow, that's 9 races already this year.  I love that we have so many quality running events in this state.  This is the first time I have taken full advantage and am loving every minute of it!

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment