Search This Blog

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Calm Before the Storm

This was a week of good mileage (70 miles) but no quality at all.  My training cycle starts soon, and after a busy spring of racing, I needed a little rest.  I think next week will be a repeat, capping off with a 5k race, then we get serious.  I think in week one, I will shoot for 80 plus miles right out of the gate, including a race and hills for quality, and an 18 miler to cap things off.  Time to get busy!

I had some extra motivation this week.   I received and e-mail from the Twin Cties Marathon on Monday telling me that based on some of my race times, I have been given a professional athelete entry into the USATF Masters Marathon Champioships.  How cool is that?  I get a comped entry, get to hang out with the elite runners at packet pick up, go to a pre-race meeting, free meal the night before and access to the elite tent at the start and finish.  I have no delusions of placing as a master, that would require a 2:20, but I have a very outside chance of placing in my AG, which would be a stretch, but competely awesome.  I would probably need to run a sub 2:50.  Gives me something to shoot for!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment