Search This Blog

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Shorts Weather at Last

To celebrate the return of warm weather, I bought myself a new pair of Saucony shorts yesterday; already 50 degrees for my Sunday run, the sun is out and the birds were seriously chirping!   Capped off my so-so 70 mile week with a pretty good 14 miler.  I have to admit, that 4 consecutive weeks of racing and back to back higher mileage weeks has left me pretty pooped.  My Tuesday tempo run was a failure and I had no drive in my legs for Thursday's hill workout.  After a good night sleep Friday, I was feeling better, but ended the week with virtually no quality

I will have a new training partner this summer.  My daughter will be home from school soon and has decided to train for and run the Twin Cities' Marathon!  I am very excited for her and look forward to a few long runs.

Good luck to everyone running Boston tomorrow.  I wish I could be there, it should prove to be an incredibly special event.  It will be hard to run with a lump in your throat though.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment