Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Ready for 2013

As I mentioned last week, I have been enjoying the lack of structure and the days off from running.  This never lasts long and this post cycle is no different.  I've been mapping out my next training cycle and all roads lead to Grandma's Marathon in 2013.  Yes, I will be returning to the race where due to under training and humidity, I suffered my most epic melt down.  This will not happen again.  Grandma's, despite taking place well into June, is usually in the low 50's at the starting gun.  Plus it is a nice place to spend a mini vacation.  Now I just need to find a hotel.

I had a good week running, going solo and a couple of times with different run clubs.  I am feeling rested and ready for the slow and gradual mileage build up.  Grandma's is a long ways off, but there is plenty of racing to do between now and June.  In fact, I think I will participate in the local Turkey Trot this Thursday at Minnetonka High School.

Congrats to the Philly Marathon runners this morning.  Marathon season is winding down and I am excited to look ahead to 2013

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment