Search This Blog

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Looking Ahead...

Have not been doing a lot of running and really enjoying the time off.  I take a day off without a second thought and that feels good and like the right thing to do.  The runs I have had, feel good and my pace is fast and everything feels natural and fluid.  So, I think this is what a proper recovery is supposed to feel like.

Being only three weeks out from Des Moines, I told myself that I would not rush things in terms of what is next.  If  two months out, I still did not feel motivated to train, than that would be okay.  Yesterday,  I found myself penciling out a rough outline of a training plan for a spring marathon.  Absolutely no specifics, but simply just to map out a timeline to see what time in the spring I would reach the peak if I was to follow another cycle.  I still don't know if I will go through with it, but the will is still there.

I'm excited with where I am at both physically and mentally.  I know I'll be okay with or without another marathon, and glad to know that this is the case.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment