Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Streets of San Francisco (not a Quinn Martin Production)

Had a couple of memorable runs this week.  I was in California for work and was able to run some awesome trails in Napa and did my long run in San Francisco on Saturday.  Talk about great hillwork; I managed 15 miles, running to the Golden Gate Bridge and back, ran through Chinatown and ran up and down Powell Street hill, twice.  Awesome.  Because of the travel, I missed a day, so my weekly totals were a little light, but I needed a step-back week anyway.  I had an speedy Tuesday night run at the Metrodome.  After two miles warm up I ran 2 miles at marathon pace, 2 miles at 6:40 pace, 2 miles at 6:30 pace and 3 miles at 6:12 pace.  Once again; awesome!

I return to racing this week, with the St. Patrick's Day Human Race 8K in St. Paul.  Up and down Summit Avenue and it is a really fast cours.  My PR on the is 30:24, so lets see if we can't break 30 minutes.

Crazy weather here in Minnesota.  I ran in San Francisco and Napa in shorts, but had to wear a hat and gloves.  I just got back from my recovery run and ran in shorts, t-shirt and NO HAT OR GLOVES.  Looks like more of the same for the rest of the week.  Looking forward to racing again!  Woohoo!!!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment