Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sometimes Life gets in the Way of a Good Training Plan

I try to stick to running in this blog, but sometimes there is so much non running stuff going on in one's life it is very hard to ignore. In fact there is so much going on I feel the need to put my marathon plans on hold. So, anyway, here is what is going on: Some readers of this blog know my son and the struggles he has had with drugs and alcohol over the past few years. His behavior had become such that we asked him to leave our house. He has been on his own for two,oweeks now; we don't know where he is now, but have heard that he is couch surfing. For those of you that pray, I would appreciate you including my son. Also, my wife visited with her surgeon last Friday and looks she will be having some hip surgery in the near future. With hospital stay and subsequent recovery time, it won't work to have one third of our household doing an inordinate amount of running training for a goal. "Sorry dear, I would,love to drive you to physical therapy, but I have a 12 mile tempo planned! Maybe next time?" Also, the company I started working for a little over a year ago is in major acquisition mode. I am not complaining, this is a good thing, but I can see some 60 hour weeks in my future. To add injury to insult, I was on my Sunday run and at about mile 12 I felt what I thought was a rock in key shoe. Stopped,to check it out, but no rock. Limped my way home and tonight it still feels like I have a lump on the bottom of my foot. Weird. Happy Running! (I mean that) Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment