Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Ho Hum: Part Two

Completed another lackluster week of running.  I spent more time at the gym working out then running.  Today I did manage 10 miles of trail running that was very enjoyable.  Lots of off road and a few miles along the lonely and desolate railroad tracks.  Outside of that run, it was a whole lot of nothing.  I'm trying to enjoy my time off from training, but my brain doesn't work that way.  I like to have the structure and routine of a program with a well defined goal at the end.  Until I figure out what my next move is, I guess I'll go to the gym and condition, maintain a respectable running base and wait for inspiration to strike.

As I mentioned last week, I am looking forward to Rocky's Run in a few weeks.  If anyone is interested, here are the details of the race



Overview
Sunday, November 6, 2011 6K run @ 10:30 AM

Rocky`s Run is a cross country race on the University of Minnesota Golf Course in St. Paul. Rocky Racette was an All-American in track and cross country at the U of M, winning the Big Ten and Drake Relays 5000-meter titles. She died in an auto accident on October 17, 1981. The race is being staged by the many members of the running community who knew and loved her.
Course Description
The 6K course loops around the U of M Les Bolstad Golf Course, 2275 Larpenteur Ave W, St Paul, MN 55113.

The terrain is rolling grass with many turns. It is accurately measured, and spikes are permitted.


Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment