Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Getting a little antsy...

So after several weeks of not even breaking 40 miles per week, I find myself getting a little antsy.  I've been spending more time in the gym, but still not exactly sure what to do with myself.  Feeling like a slacker, but its still way too early to start training for anything.  I guess its a good sign that feel the need to dive back into some serious training, but being in no-man's land like this is not easy and no fun.  Good news is that my foot is starting to feel a bit better on the lower mileage regimen.

Had another good Sunday medium long run today.  Was out at sunrise and found a very hilly route and managed a sub 8 effort for 10 miles.  Felt super strong at the end and was up to 10k pace for the last mile or so.  Hoping for some nice weather in a couple weeks for my cross-country effort.  It will for sure be a PR race, as I have never raced a 6K before.  Hmmm, 3.72 miles....  I think I'll shoot for sub 23.  Should be doable as long as we don't have to wear snow shoes!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment