Search This Blog

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Made it to Week One and the Starting Line!

Big week for me, it was the first week of marathon training, I was able to run everyday and I finally made it to the starting line after two scratches in May.  I was very happy with the result, an 18:20 with very little training!  My splits were 5:58, 5:58, 5:54 and 30 seconds for the final tenth.  I finished 4th overall, but was beat out by Rob Class in my AG.  As an all out race effort it was just okay, but as a gauge of my fitness, it was very positive.  I didn't think I had it in me to run below 18:30 and now very confident that I can run under18 minutes by the end of summer.

Mileage wise, I ended up about where I wanted, easing into this marathon cycle with a 60 mile week. Not a bad total considering that I didn't have a long run this week.

Overall, I am just very thankful; thankful that I was able to run and race at all.  This latest round of back spasms had me worrying that this may be the end of the road, at least in regards to racing at some level.  Thanks also to Dr. Ross at Marty Chiropractic, who played a big role in getting me back on the road again.

Happy Running!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment