Search This Blog

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Banner Week for this Old Man!


Last week was good, running everyday with no back pain, getting to the starting line of a race and doing better than I thought I would. But this week has been so much better. Again, I ran everyday, totaling 70 plus miles for the week and the back still feels good. It was also my birthday this week, which is always fun, even if I did turn 54. How did that happen? But the big excitement came on Monday afternoon when I received this e-mail:

2015 USA Masters Marathon Championships

Based on your race times, we will offer you a professional athlete entry into the 2015 USA Marathon Championship at the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon.

Elite standards, prize money and current race details are posted online at the USA Masters Marathon Info page. This page will be updated as complete and update the plans for the Championship.

Masters Professional Athlete Recruiter

Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon

Pretty stoked about this and sure is added motivation to train exceptionally hard this go around. Hey, maybe I'll get drug tested; how cool would that be?! Now, I'm not delusional enough to think I can place, even in my age group. Looking at last year's finishers I would need to shave off another 5 minutes off my PR, but like I always say, you gotta have goals!

Happy Running!

Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment