Search This Blog

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Running Takes a Backseat to Turkey

The mile training took a hit this week, victim to the Thanksgiving holiday. There was lack of motivation, tons of food and the local High school track was closed; that all lead to some missed work-outs. The week started out fine, nailing my Tuesday track work-out logging 4x400m in 1:16, 1:14, 1:14 and 1:15, all with about 2 minutes easy jogging between intervals. But after Turkey Trotting on Thursday and the subsequent stuffing of the face, it was all downhill. I ran everyday, but with vey little quality. I threw in some intervals and hills over the week-end, just to make up for it.

 I continue to be disciplined with my gym workouts and feel stronger than ever. I also have gained 12 pounds since my October marathon. I am pretty skinny anyway, so it's no problem, but it's gotta be slowing me down some. I keep eating the same, but am only running half the miles! 

 Six weeks until race day. Still not overly confident I can pull this off or even come close for that matter. I am enjoying this experiment nonetheless. 

 Happy Running,
 Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment