Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2014

March Totals

After a very slow and sluggish start to the new year, I finally got my March mileage totals into "respectable" territory.  After a recovery run tomorrow, I should be north of 250 miles which is the biggest month since last fall.  It's only going to get better from now until October.  I am looking at 300 in April and 350 in May, which should give me a solid mileage base heading into June marathon training.

I raced again this Saturday, the very hilly and challenging MDRA 7 miler, which I finished in 44:03.  Not a bad time considering mile 5 is almost all uphill and a big, ugly uphil at that.  My pace dropped from 6:10 to 6:43 on that mile!  Respectable finish though, logging the last mile in 5:53.  Capped off my week with a 14 miler in glorious weather.

I am need of a new shoe.  I love the original Brooks Pure Conmect and even grew to love the Pure Connect 2, but the Pure Connects 3 are just not going to cut it.  Where is that track shoe fit?  Gone is the responsiveness and the spring.  It's too roomy and the platform is too wide.  Drat!  I only have a few weeks left in my old shoes, so I need to get to work and find a replacement. I am going to check out the Puma 100 series shoe today and I will be back with a review next week.

Happy Running

Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment