Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Marathon Orphan

Well, I continue to train with pretty high mileage, even though I am not signed up for a marathon, nor do I have any intention of doing so anytime soon.  I've resigned myself to running a fall marathon and focusing my efforts on some of the shorter races of the Grand Prix Series.  I need to make up some points anyway and hopefully my training will pay off with a PR in the 10k coming up in a few weeks. (Get in Gear)  I'll also will run the New Prague Half Marthon in May and again shoot for a PR there as well.  This should be enough to keep me motivated.  I think I'm in good enough shape to run a sub 1:26 half, but we shall see. 

Had a good, but unenventful week of running.  Ran a few good marathon paced miles within my long run, but pretty much took a step back and ran for fun.  Weather continues to be perfect for running.

I hope everyone had a good Easter.  We had a very nice Easter dinner in Hutchinson with my mother-in-law and her boyfriend, Don.  They are a cute couple!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment