Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2011

I Love this Part...

A couple of weeks ago I had a post titled, "I Hate this Part."  It had to do with the end of the hard training and start of the taper.  Well, the taper is over and all that separates me from race day is tonight and Saturday.  Why do I love this part?  I'm starting to feel rested and relaxed and enjoying the cool fall weather.  I'm excited to go to the TC Marathon Expo and pick up my packet.  It's by far my favorite ritual of the whole ordeal.  I love going out for pasta Saturday night.  I still get a thrill laying out all my stuff the night before and pinning my number to my singlet.  I always sleep well on Friday night, thank God, because I never sleep well on Saturday night.  Its also these two days where I have the hope that I'm going to end the week-end with a shiny new PR or a milestone time.  Anything is possible.  I don't feel fatigued or cranky, aches and pains are few and far between.  I can't wait to run.  It must be all the pent up energy from the taper, but whatever it is, I like it.  Of course this will all give way to nerves and "edginess" Sunday morning, but it's all seems worth it.  In short, it's a very special 48 hours.

Here we go!

Happy Running!

1 comment:

  1. Run well -- I will be looking for you. I will be on the right hand side just before mile 26...

    ReplyDelete