Search This Blog

Monday, July 29, 2019

Lack of Committment

Managed a pretty good week of running, but still have not committed to Surf the Murph.  Part of my "good" week of running was a longer run (16 miles) with my daughter on Saturday.  She also is an aspiring trail runner and so she took us off road along some gnarly trails near Minnehaha Creek.  Metal dock-like platforms that were slippery, followed by dirt trails that were very rocky and also lots of exposed roots.  With all the rain we had received, the creek and the falls were rushing pretty good and all I could think was, "don't trip or slip along this trail and end up drowning in the creek."  Got me thinking, maybe I'm not cut our for serious trail running after all.  Not sure if most races follow along creeks, rivers or waterfalls, but if they do, I'll be opting out.  Lastly, not nearly as nimble on my feet as I used to be.  When the trails get even the least bit technical, I slow down to a laughable pace.  Just not fearless enough I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment