Search This Blog

Sunday, November 8, 2015

A Little Bit of Everything this Week

Had a pretty decent running week.  I finally managed to break the 40 mile barrier for the first time since Twin Cities.  Now forty is no big deal, but I did manage some quality as well.  Tuesday night was a fairly aggressive tempo run, where I managed to get down in the low 6:30's for a few miles.  Wednesday night I had the Williston crew do a mile time trial, just as a measure to gauge their fitness before we begin training for the Meet of the Miles in January.  They convinced me to do one as well and I was  happy with my 5:28.  Well, it's along way from 5:00, but I am thinking a goal of 5:15 is aggressive enough.  I wasn't done yet.  I finished off the racing season by doing Rocky's Run at the U of M Golf Course, finishing the 6k in 24:41.  It's a tough course and we had lot of wind today, which made it extra challenging.  As usual, I went out too fast, (6:10 for the first mile) and paid for it the rest of the course, running the next miles in 6:35 and 6:40.  Tried to find another gear for the last 200 yards, but there was nothing there. I may still do a Turkey Trot, but that should it do it for the year.  Now it's just a slow, easy and gradual build up of mileage to January when I will start my Boston training.  Can't wait.

Happy Running,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment