Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Happens Every July

In looking back at my running logs and reading posts from years past, I discovered that I fall in a rut every year about this time.  It's the combination of ramping up mileage, higher temps and humidity and knowing that there are 12 more weeks of this.  This year was no exception and this week was a doozy.  Perhaps I ramped up a little too much at one time, but I was tired, unmotivated and a little creaky all week.  Still managed to run over 80 miles, but was sapped of energy for most of the week.  Bounced back a little today, where I completed my version of a Duathalon, 19 mile run followed by mowing the lawn!

Next week doesn't get any easier.  My plan was another 90 mile plus week, but traveling to Miami for work mid week and a camping trip at the end of the week, makes for a scheduling mess.  I can't imagine Miami in July is conducive to comfortable, probably not much different than what we have here today.

My mile race was a bit of a disappointment, logging a 5:33, so about 6 seconds slower than last year. The continuous high miles doesn't help with the top end speed much.  Not sure I could have run it much faster.  Probably need some strength training and speed work to make much improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment