Search This Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Now thats more like it...

I've been complaining over the past few weeks that this mile race training is for the birds and was anxious to get back to some more mileage.  This week was a nice easy buid-up to the 80 mile per week average that I plan on doing for this marathon cycle.  It was a good 56 plus mile week with a couple of good HMP and MP tempo runs.  Oh, and I did finally ran the Meet of the Miles race and came in at a respectable 5:34; not a PR, but not too bad for an old guy. 

A new lesson learned this week.  I've tended to be a runner who gets really set in his ways; running at the same time every day and generally the same routes.  However as schedules get tighter and weather doesn't always cooperate I have learned to be a bit more flexible with my running schedule.  I may run an early am run indoors, followed by an evening run outside the next day.  This, week, I even took my lunch break and ran an 8-mile tempo run.  Rather than make excuses, I'll make time instead!  I bring my running stuff with me at all times and am ready to run anywhere, anytime; I'm diggin' it!

Lastly, signed up another student for my spring marathon clinic.  If a persons name is any indication of their toughness, this guy will do very well.  Welcome, Stan Hammer!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment